Tuesday, August 28, 2012

World Enough and Time

Time is the enemy, (clock) hands down.

World enough, on the other hand (yes, I know the clock references will get old fast), is a non-issue. There is more world than I could ever write about. When I bore of our collectively-agreed-upon world, I just create my own, right? That's part of the freedom of speculative fiction. The so-called real world and all the fictitious possibilities there (notice I said there and not here) are only a jump-off. Or, as is often my case, a falling off point.

Time, though.

Finding time is the bane of non-full-time writer. How do you squeeze writing minutes, dare I say hours, into a full-time job and fuller-time family if your work day doesn't come with the mandate to write or starve? I'd love to hear how other's do it.

My biggest stumbling block at the moment is the time I take to get in the zone.

So there it is. Glad you stopped by for my epiphany.

My goal, currently, is the rapid whittling away of the dreaded zone. I need to hit the ground running any time, any place. An hour in the morning, an hour at night, a half hour or so at lunch. Two-and-a-half hours per day.

You hear me, Zone? I'm coming for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment