Thursday, November 28, 2013

Time


Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm not big into the whole turkey thing but the thankfulness side of the holiday certainly holds its appeal. Its important to be thankful, whatever neck of the woods you hail from. Or whatever stretch of sand you find yourself in, be it proverbial or literal, should that place not be home. I hope you don't mind my saying so. I need the reminder more than most.

I'm thankful for my family, first and foremost, and I won't go on listing everything else. Except for time.

I'm thankful for the time I have here.

I found out I was adopted years ago. I was already an adult with a family. There had been signs all along the way but its easier to ignore those than you might think.

A lot of folks came together all those years ago, especially one, and decided to give me a chance. Things could have gone far differently.

Yeah. I'm thankful for my time here.

I hope you're thankful for yours too and you chose to spend it wisely. Every second of it.

I don't write much poetry anymore but I did write a poem shortly after my revelation. I like to read it sometimes to remind myself to appreciate. Time.


Pandora’s Child 

inside of me
every day
time to reflect
time to come here a minute
the edge of having been there
time to hold on
time to hear a song just for me
a chance to gaze at the stars
occasion to wonder
time to tickle a child
time to laugh
the chance to grow
the power to choose
every day
inside of me

No comments:

Post a Comment