Sunday, July 21, 2013

Amazing Stories


I have a couple of these in my library somewhere amidst my Asimov's and Analogs. Amazing Stories, as a magazine, has been quiet for a while but they are resurrecting the monster of pure amazingness even as we speak.



I was thrilled and honored to find my name mentioned at their website in a book review posted by the mysterious "Cenobyte." Thanks for the shout-out, Cenobyte! Glad my tale was memorable from amongst the great selection of stories in Tomorrow: Apocalytic Short Stories, an anthology from Kayelle Press (I think I've mentioned this one once or twice around here.) I'm darned glad you liked the book!


Better still, is the news from Amazing Stories. From their "About" at Amazing Stories:

"Amazing Stories was originally published by the Experimenter Publishing Company in 1926 and was the world's first science fiction magazine. Its owner, publisher and first editor was Hugo Gernsback who has been called the Father of Science Fiction. Amazing Stories was published continuously - by different publishers - until 1995. It was resurrected between 1998 and 2000 and again between 2004 and 2005. Now it is back again, published by a new version of the Experimenter Publishing Company, in a new format, with a bright new future awaiting it."

Submissions at Amazing Stories are closed right now but they're on my watch list. I hope they are on yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment