Sunday, December 4, 2011

All Them Pretty Vampires

After an endless stream of jabs and jibes at my beautiful wife for loooving the Twilight series and all the pretty vampires, what do I do?

I write a vampire story. [hangs head in shame]

Now, my vampires aren't pretty, so I feel a little better about that aspect, but other than that, I have no excuse. It started off as a flash piece--just to get this one scene out of my head--and blossomed into a 5,000 word hi-tech pursuit of the fangy creeps.



While I have not read the pretty vampire books, I have seen and...[wince] enjoyed the movies. If you haven't checked out the treatment they're given at RiffTrax, you should. Oh, and the same aforementioned beautiful wife has kept me fully informed during her lightning reads of each book. Okay, enough of this. (BTW, in the event Stephenie Meyer stumbles across my little corner of the web here, yes, I am just jealous. More than I can say.)

Breathe. Breathe.

So, the shining light in all this--the one thing that makes it possible for me to rise and face the world--is The Trigger Reflex from Pill Hill Press, freshly edited by Miles Boothe and delivered promptly from your favorite dispenser of fictionally arranged words. Oh, and my story, "Adaptive Strategies," is included in the lineup.


1. Night and Day by Michael McClung 
2. Hunting Vengence by Steven Gepp 
3. Iron Bells by Joshua Reynolds 
4. The Pretty Ones by Angel Propps 
5. The Shomer Express by Edward Erdlac 
6. Rancho Diablo by John Whalen 
7. Blood Red by Thom Brannan. 
8. 'Til the Sun is in the Sky by Rob Pegler. 
9. Alpha by Marc Sorondo 
10. The Enemy Within by Liam Cadey 
11. Adaptive Strategies by William Wood 
12. Gateway by Daniel Durrant 
13. With My Vortex In Hand, I Boldy Go Forward by Medina Falcon 
14. Our Fields by Paul Salvette 
15. Shock to the Corset by T.W.Garland 
16. Bats by Derek Muk 
17. Emergence by Christopher Nadeau 
18. Drawing First Blood by Kevin Walsh 
19. Knocking Then Dead by John X. Grey 
20. Under Construction by Mike Brooks 
21. There's Something in the Woods by Ed Mckeown 
22. Intrepid Dawn by Angela Meadon 
23. Good Hit by Mark Sual 
24. Damned Pretty Woman by Matthew Baugh 
25. Groundhog Day by Phillip Norris 
26. Coward's Run by H.J. Hill 
27. Fallen States by Jason Papke 
28. New Fallen Snow by Miles Boothe

No comments:

Post a Comment