Monday, July 14, 2014

Photo Prompts


I've mentioned Photoshop before. It's a great program even in its older incarnations like mine which is rumored to have been discovered in a certain cave west of the Dead Sea in 1948. I spend more than a little time adjusting, tweaking, and downright screwing with images. The images I create are either interpretations of stories I'm working on or serve as inspiration for stories yet to come. It's a great way for me to get my creative energies going.

In and out of the internet there's never a shortage of good photo prompts. If you take a moment to look around, you can't help but trip over a good one, sometimes literally. Occasionally, though, one catches my eye and the inspiration strikes. Hell, if you want to hook me into an anthology or magazine, an intriguing cover will do it every time.


Writer's Digest puts out a photo prompt every couple of months under their Your Story Competition banner. When this one came up I was tempted without even looking at the word count but then I saw 25 words or fewer and I was all but reeled in already.

My humble entry took third place and you can see the top ten entries here and in the July/August 2014 issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment