Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pandora's Box

Writing groups are great. I'm speaking specifically of the Pandora's Box  Writing Group founded by my friend Jeff Narucki. Pandora condensed out of a small cloud of students taking an online course in science fiction writing. The group has fluctuated in membership, never more than a five or six, but the input is invaluable. My ongoing thanks to my scattered buddies: creator Jeff Narucki, powerhouse Janette Lusty, our newest member Carolyn Chang, and the phantom member known only as Jeff Thomas. These guys and gals see my work before anyone else. Why none of them has yet tried to stop me, we may never know.

A much larger group I've been shirking for months is the Online Writing Workshop for Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror. A finer bunch of folks you'll likely never find.

Next month, after a devastating defeat in the Cafe Doom Sixth Annual Writing Competition, I'm going to check out their critiquing clinic as well.

And lastly, though first in every other list I possess, the lovely and talented Christine Wood deserves praise for being my first reader. Pray for her sanity, please, since I plan to write for another sixty years or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment